I get the error message: "Can't install on USB or SD card"
The error message seems to be caused by a temporary file used during installation, and doesn’t get deleted for some reason. Because of this, the system can’t use it and treats it as an error. If the problem re-appears, you may need to perform the operation again.
Here’s how you do it:
1. Go to Settings and click on Storage
2. Scroll down to where you have Unmount SD card and tap on it.
3. Now go back to the Play Store to download the app again. This time, the app would be installed hopefully!
4. After app is installed, you can go back to the Storage settings and tap Mount SD card
5. After mounting, you can move application to SD card if its possible. Some apps can’t be moved to the SD card and some can.
Don’t have an SD card?
If you don’t have an SD card you could try to clear your Google Play cache. You do this by going to the Google Play settings and clear cache.
Why don't you support more versions of Android?
We don’t want anybody to spend their money on something that is not a great Toca Boca experience. Hence, we’ve done everything we can to make sure that those who purchase our apps can enjoy them as much as we do. However, we’re always trying to support as many devices as we can. Are you having troubles with our apps on your device? Send us an email and we’ll look into it!
Where are the snapshots I've taken from apps saved?
They’re in the Gallery app (or the corresponding app on your device), in the folder that says the app name, for example “Toca Hair Salon 2”.
I've purchased an app but I can't download it! Why?
There are three reasons to why this might happen:
1. You’re offline while trying to download the app, go online and try again.
2. Are you logged into the same Google Play account as you bought it from? If not, please log in and try again.
3. Try downloading the app while connected to either your network or wifi.
4. Make sure you’re not logged into a restricted profile when downloading the app.
5. If nothing of these two helps and you’re confident that you have purchased the app, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I get "Error 491" on Google Play! What does that mean?
The 491 error code usually indicates that something went wrong when downloading or updating an app. To fix the problem you can try the following steps:
1. Open the accounts tab in your apps folder .
2. Tap “accounts” and click the Google account.
3. Delete the account.
4. Reboot the your device. As soon as your phone is done rebooting go back to the Apps folder > open the accounts > click Google accounts and re-add the one you just deleted.
I can't download the app from Google Play. What's wrong?
Here are a few things you can check:
Do you have a restricted profile on your device? Always make sure that you’re logged on as owner and not user when downloading apps for restricted profiles.
Do you receive an error message? Find out what the error message is and email us. Or if like to research yourself and learn a thing or two — google it. The Google forums are usually pretty up to date with error codes.
Do you have enough free space on your device memory? Check the available space on your device. If it’s less than 3GB you may want to transfer some apps to your SD card. Remember that a lot of apps can’t be installed on your SD card, so you always want to make sure you have enough space on your internal memory.
At last but not least, try deleting the app, rebooting your device and download it again. Sometimes a good old reboot will do the magic.
How do I allow the app to access my photos or camera?
In order to let the app access your camera you’ll need to enable it in your privacy settings. However, depending on which iOS you have installed, the procedure differs slightly.
The easiest way to do it is to go to Settings > Reset > Reset Location & Privacy. This won’t delete anything form your device, only resetting the access your apps have to different features. Next time you open the Toca Hair Salon Me app, make sure to answer yes on all the questions that pop up and now you should be good to go!
Oh, what is also good to know is that resetting this will reset the device features on all of your apps, so next time you open another app you’ll have to give it access again. It will ask the question automatically so there will be no extra struggle for you.