Kids Play Doctor with Toca Life: Hospital
- Keely Hopkins, Sr. PR Manager
On April 13, Toca Boca will release the latest in its award-winning Toca Life series, Toca Life: Hospital. Whether kids are welcoming a new sibling, visiting a grandparent, know a friend or classmate who is sick, or have to go to a doctor’s appointment with their parents, hospitals are part of everyday life. True to Toca Boca’s mission of empowering kids with realistic, open-ended play experiences, Toca Life: Hospital puts kids in control of every aspect of the hospital experience. It gives them a chance to play out the joy and pain of life in their own way.
Kids can experience welcoming newborn babies into the world and see how family members and medical staff love and care for tiny, swaddled babies.They’ll also get to explore the operating room, discover the secret lab, stop by the waiting room, or grab a snack at the café. There is also a maternity unit with a fun ultrasound machine, garden to meditate and reflect, and a farewell room to say final goodbyes. Toca Life: Hospital gives kids unlimited space to discover the happenings of a busy medical center at their own pace, helping to increase their comfort level around hospitals.
Some other highlights of Toca Life: Hospital include:
- Using tools you’d find in a real-life hospital: gurneys, bandages, crutches, hospital beds, wheelchairs and more
- Moving characters from floor to floor in the big elevator
- Checking surgery patients’ vitals on the medical monitor
- Encountering medicine to cure sick children
- Ultrasound, CAT scan and X-ray machines to diagnose patients
- A doctor who can help treat your patient
- A farewell room where loved ones peacefully pass
- An array of music selections that kids can choose from to set the tone of their own hospital stories
“Hospitals can be an important part of life that involve a lot of strong feelings for kids — joy, excitement, sadness, fear,” said Petter Karlsson, play designer, Toca Boca. “Which is why we wanted to introduce this important component of kid’s lives to the Toca Life series in a positive and fun way. Toca Life: Hospital gives kids a way to explore and play with those feelings, putting them in control of an environment that can seem out of control and creating positive associations with hospitals.”
As with all Toca Boca apps, Toca Life: Hospital features a kid-friendly interface with no in-app purchases or third-party advertising, free of rules, levels or high scores. Toca Life: Hospital will be released for $2.99 on the App Store, Google Play and Amazon April 13.
- Click here to view the App Trailer
- Click here to view Press Images:
- Click here to view in the App Store
- Click here to view in Google Play
About Toca Boca
Toca Boca is a play studio that creates digital toys and other playful products for kids around the world. Since its first product launch in 2011, Toca Boca has released 37 apps that have been downloaded more than 150 million times in 215 countries, making it the No. 1 mobile-first kids brand in the App Store. Its products focus on stimulating kids’ imaginations and creating opportunities for open-ended play. With offices in San Francisco, Stockholm and New York, Toca Boca is owned by Spin Master Corp., a global children’s entertainment company that creates, designs and manufactures a diversified portfolio of innovative toys, games, products and entertainment properties. For more information, please visit www.tocaboca.com.