Meet the Animals on Toca Life: Farm
- Carl Frisell
On October 27, Toca Boca celebrates its 150 millionth download and announces its fifth Toca Life app, Toca Life: Farm!
Like the rest of the Toca Life series — some of Toca Boca’s most popular apps —Toca Life: Farm puts kids in the director’s seat to role play and create their own unscripted stories. Kids can explore farm life with 29 new characters and four brand new locations that will give them endless role-playing fun with crops and animals.
They can step into the barn and meet the animals that live there — feed the pigs, milk the cow, clean up the poop or let the veterinarian examine the sheep. Once they are done in the barn kids can head over to the house to cook a nice meal, maybe even using fresh eggs from their hens and fruit from their garden. But it doesn’t end there, Toca Life: Farm also introduces the lifecycle of food. Kids can head over the the field to grow a variety of crops, flowers and berries — planting them by hand or with the help of the tractor’s attachments. When it’s time for a break after the hard day’s work kids can enjoy a picnic on the green or gather on the front porch with their banjo for a jam session. Once it’s time for the harvest kids can take their produce to sell in the farmer’s market or use the food machine to transform their produce into products.
App features include:
- Four locations: barn, house, field and store
- 29 new characters
- Farm your crops from planting to harvest
- Feed the animals, milk the cow and gather eggs from the hens
- Use the food machine to turn the harvest into food
- Bottle the milk from the milk tank
- Pigs and people can wallow in the mud
- Clean up different types of animal poop!
- Grab the banjo, fiddle, guitar or washbucket bass and jam into the night!
- Pick fruit in your orchard
- Use the tractor’s different functions to farm faster!
- Kids can record their stories in the app and share with friends!
As with all Toca Boca apps Toca Life: Farm features a kid-friendly interface with no in-app purchases or third-party advertising, free of rules, levels or high scores. Toca Life: Farm is $2.99 on the App Store, Google Play and Amazon.