- Rebecca Crusoe
One of the best and LOUDEST things you can make is a smoothie in a blender. Blenders can stir, chop, puree, crush, mix and liquefy. But in order to make a smoothie, all we need the blender to do is blend.
To make a slippery smoothie, you’ll need a few things.
- 1 banana (yellow please)
- a toy friend (one you really trust)
- ½ cup of frozen raspberries
- ¾ cup apple juice
- grated ginger
- some building blocks
And this is how you do it:
- Pick up the banana. Is it yellow? Good. If it’s green it might be a little hard to open and it probably won’t taste as good as a yellow one. Double check to make sure it’s yellow! Nice work. Peel that banana and cut it into pieces. Drop the pieces into the blender. So long banana!
- Now use your blocks to build a staircase up to the blender. Once the stairs are built, walk the raspberries up to the blender. Walk, hop, step and jump right in. It’s OK, the banana was there to catch the raspberries. Good banana!
- At this point, you can pour apple juice over the raspberries and banana. Make sure they all get a nice drink of the juice. You can have a sip too if you’re thirsty.
- The final ingredient is ginger. Ginger is a strange looking thing, isn’t it? Ask your toy-friend to taste the ginger. Does your toy-friend like it? Great! Put some in the blender. If your toy-friend doesn’t like the taste, that’s OK. You can throw the ginger away or give it to someone with a cold.
- The ingredients are ready to mix! But before you do that, it’s a good idea to put the lid on the blender. The ceiling can be hard to wash.
- Ready to press the button? It’s going to get loud!
PRETTY LOUD, RIGHT? YOU CAN PROBABLY HEAR THE SOUND OF THE BLENDER OUTSIDE. DOES THE SMOOTHIE LOOK BLENDED? OK. LET’S SHUT IT OFF NOW.
Ah. That’s better. Look at that! Your smoothie looks great. Time to pour it into a glass. One smoothie coming up!