- Parker Barry
Ice pops are fun, cold and delicious. They’re popular snacks in the summer, but you can also eat them when it’s very cold outside. In fact, eating them in the cold means they won’t melt all over your hands, carpet and dog.
Here’s what you’ll need to make pop-pop-ice-pops:
- one yellow fruit (mustard is not a fruit)
- two green fruits
- ¾ cup red berries
- ½ cup blueberries
- 2 cups of your favorite fruit juice
- ice pop molds (or small plastic cups + sticks)
- some friends who are good at making noise
And this is how you do it:
- Cut all of the fruit into small pieces and put them into different piles. You don’t have to cut the berries. Now you have four piles of fruit — one yellow, one green, one red and one blue.
- Come up with a sound and a move that you and your friends can make for each of the different piles of fruit. Your fruit sounds and moves could be something like this: Yellow — jump up and down on one leg and say/scream: “ZuumZaamZuum!”
- Now put the ice pop molds (or cups) on a counter or a table and fill them with fruit and berries. Only fill them halfway, because you need to leave some room for the juice. When you fill the molds, your friends can watch closely and make the right funny sound and move for each piece of fruit you use. Come on! Mix the fruits and create your own dance-sound-ice-pop-beat-box!
- After you’ve filled an ice pop mold, give someone else a turn. That way, they get to make an ice pop, and you get to make some awesome sounds and moves.
- When all the fruits are in the molds, pour the juice over them, and put in a stick. Put the ice pops in the freezer for a long, long, long time. FIVE HOURS.
- Five hours is a lot of time. During that time you can read about 207 books, color all of the pages in a coloring book, dress up us a mummy by using a lot of toilet paper or draw your self life-size. Don’t worry, that time will go by quickly. Pling! See? Five hours went by so fast.
- Take the molds out of the freezer. Are they frozen? Good. That means the freezer is doing its job. Just run the molds under warm water to loosen them, and eat the ice pops.