It’s hair-cutting time again! We sent Mindy, Jazz and all the other friends on a well-deserved vacation – imagine your hair being styled and cut by millions of people! Must have been tough. This time it’s your turn to hop in the salon chair!
Please note that the first time you start Toca Hair Salon Me, the app will request permission to save photos to your camera roll. If you don’t allow that you won’t be able to use the app. You can change the setting in Settings -> Privacy -> Photos in the Settings App, not under the Toca Hair Salon Me icon in the settings.
Select the tool you want to use from the table on the bottom of the screen. You can swipe sideways to move to the next section of the salon, where you can find another set of tools to choose from.
- Most of the tools can be used either by tapping for precision, or swiping to affect more hair at the same time.
- Choose what shade of color you want to use and don’t be shy!
- Go bald! The razor lets you shave down to the very last stubble.
- Grow your hair back again with the g.r.o lotion
- Resize and rotate all the accessories with two-finger pinch.
- Change the backdrop of the photobooth; use your own photo as the background or simply tap to change the background color.
- You can now tap on the t-shirt to change the color.
- Snap a picture and your image will be saved to your camera roll. Share it with your friends and family!
To Talk About
Toca Hair Salon Me, just like the other Hair Salon apps, is very open-ended in its nature. There are a lot of tools to play around with; this time there’s even more opportunities since you actually create the characters.
Working toward a goal, such as a specific haircut or person can be both fun and rewarding. Use relatives or family members as a starting point and imagine how a mix of grandpa and your favorite artist would look. Now try it! Also use other things your child has a strong emotional connection to; for example take photos of your favorite toys or pets to create the Hair Salon version of them.
The new photo background functionality provides lots of opportunity to create new settings. It’s an opportunity to put the character in a new environment and context that will help create interesting discussions.
Toca Hair Salon Me provides so many opportunities to imagine fun, weird and interesting goals and scenarios to work together on. Use it as a tool to create an alternative reality filled with friends and family in completely new looks.
In the Settings panel on your Apple device, there is an icon for Toca Hair Salon Me. There you can disable saving of photos. By default all photos taken with the app are saved so you can style the same face twice by choosing them from the camera roll. Disable “Photos from camera” if you don’t want all photos saved. Inside the salon you can save the end result of your styling by tapping the small camera. Disable “Salon Photo Booth” if you don’t want the photos to be saved in the camera roll.
There are also options for the “Toca News” and “For Parents” buttons on the start screen. Toggling these to off will remove the buttons.
Emil Ovemar, Producer